SURJ Bay Area has been called on by SURJ Minneapolis to take action in support of the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe and all Indigenous water protectors! We’re asking our members and broader community to take 3 actions during your lunch this week.
1. Make these calls
- Call President Obama to thank him *and* ask him to permanently rescind the permits granted to Dakota Access: (202) 456-1111
- Call the Army Corps of Engineers to demand that they permanently rescind the permit granted to Dakota Access: (202) 761-5903
- Call the North Dakota law offices of Fredrikson & Byron to tell them to drop Dakota Access as a client: (701) 221-8700
- Call North Dakota Governor Jack Dalrymple to demand that he take action against Dakota Access: (701) 328-2200
MESSAGE: "Rescind the permits for DAPL/drop Dakota Access as a client. Pipelines impede not only on the sovereignty of Indigenous peoples, but put all of our health at risk."
The biggest donation needs right now are monetary. Donate to the following campaigns:
- Legal Defense Fund: https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/d19fAf
- Sacred Stone Camp's general fund: https://www.gofundme.com/sacredstonecamp
- Red Warrior Camp (helps guide nonviolent direct action resistance): http://oweakuinternational.org/
3. Support 5 family/friends to call and donate
Make the calls and donate together while you eat lunch with your co-workers, host a potluck, or g-chat with your friends during downtime at work. Also share this event with all of your friends! These are simple ways to greatly magnify the power of your action.
On social media, use the following hashtags: #NoDAPL #DroptheDAPL #StandWithStandingRock